Exchange Fees & Concessions
This page provides detailed information regarding d-cyphaTrade ASX 24 Australian Electricity exchange fees and concessions.
Quoted price excludes GST and is on a per contract basis
- Base Load Futures = $37.00
- Peak Period Futures = $16.00
- $300 Cap Products= $37.00
- CAL Year Strip Options = $74.00
Additional Fees (for both Electricity Futures and Options)
- Exchange for Physical (EFP) = Nil
- Block Trades = $30.00 per leg per side
- Mandatory Settlement = As per headline Exchange Fee
- Option Abandonment = Nil
- Option Exercise into futures = As per Exchange Fee of resultant futures
For additional information regarding fees and charges please see the ASX 24 website.
The standard headline exchange fee, as outlined above, equates to approximately $0.017/MWh for all futures products. Base load Calendar Option fees equate to $0.0085/MWh.
A 50% fee discount will be available via redemption, for Australian Electricity Strip Options traded On-screen which were:
1. Low premium options: Strip options traded with premiums of less than $0.21/MWh; or
2. Traded as an options spread (regardless of premium). i.e. traded simultaneously with another Australian Electricity Strip Option;
The 50% fee discount scheme will be available until 31 March 2014 at which time it will be subject to review. The fee rebate is available via redemption at the end of the relevant quarter in which the trades occurred. Options traded via Block Trade and EFP will not be entitled to the 50% fee discount.
Where a transaction is undertaken to obtain ‘off-peak' exposure, a concession of $32.00 (ex GST) per Base Load and Peak Period contract traded is available such that the Exchange Fee for trading an ‘implied' Off-Peak futures contract is $21.00 per contract side (ex GST).
Eligibility for this concession requires the simultaneous execution of ‘same state' Base Load and Peak Period Electricity Futures contracts with the same expiry date.
For example, the following trades would qualify for Off-Peak concessions:
- The simultaneous purchase of a Q2 2014 QLD Base Load Electricity futures contract and sale of a Q2 2014 QLD Peak Period Electricity Futures contract; or,
- The simultaneous purchase of the Cal 2014 NSW Base Load Electricity Futures product and sale of the Cal 2014 NSW Peak Period Electricity Futures product.
Please click the following link for more information regarding the Administration of Concessions and to download the quarterly forms.